Private Protective Services Board
Effective December 8, 2016, the
North Carolina Private Protective Services Board
North Carolina Alarm Systems Licensing Board
are relocating to :
3101 Industrial Drive, Suite 104
Raleigh, NC 27609
* This address will be both the physical and mailing address for both Boards.
The current main phone and fax numbers will remain the same, which are:
Main Phone: 919-788-5320
Main Fax: 919-788-5365
The purpose of the Private Protective Services Board is to administer the licensing, education and training requirements for persons, firms, associations and corporations engaged in private protective services within North Carolina. The board is totally fee funded.
Responsibilities of the Board and its staff include:
- Performing background investigations for the licensing of private protective services occupations
- Registering employees of licensed companies
- Conducting investigations of public complaints
- Conducting compliance audits
- Enforcing law and rules through administrative disciplinary processes and the courts
- Maintaining required records
Please click on the training link to see any upcoming classes that will be offered by PPSB staff or a PPSB staff attorney.
2014 Training Grant
Private Protective Services Grant Announcement