Private Protective Services Board
The purpose of the Private Protective Services Board is to administer the licensing, education and training requirements for persons, firms, associations and corporations engaged in private protective services within North Carolina. The board is totally fee funded.
Responsibilities of the Board and its staff include:
- Performing background investigations for the licensing of private protective services occupations
- Registering employees of licensed companies
- Conducting investigations of public complaints
- Conducting compliance audits
- Enforcing law and rules through administrative disciplinary processes and the courts
- Maintaining required records
Please click on the training link to see any upcoming classes that will be offered by PPSB staff or a PPSB staff attorney.
2014 Training Grant
Private Protective Services Grant Announcement