Alarm Systems Licensing Board
Effective December 8, 2016, the
North Carolina Private Protective Services Board
North Carolina Alarm Systems Licensing Board
are relocating to :
3101 Industrial Drive, Suite 104
Raleigh, NC 27609
* This address will be both the physical and mailing address for both Boards.
The current main phone and fax numbers will remain the same, which are:
Main Phone: 919-788-5320
Main Fax: 919-788-5365
Due to the relocation on December 8th and 9th, it may be difficult to contact PPS Staff on those days, so please be patient.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The purpose of the Alarm Systems Licensing Board is to administer the licensing, education and training requirements for persons, firms, associations and corporations engaged in the alarm systems business in North Carolina. The board is totally fee funded and staffed by departmental employees directed on a daily basis by the director.
Responsibilities of the Board and its staff include:
- Performing background investigations for the licensing of alarm systems occupations
- Registering employees of licensed companies
- Conducting investigations of public complaints
- Conducting compliance audits
- Enforcing law and rules through administrative disciplinary processes and the courts
- Maintaining required records
Public Hearing Notices
None at this time