Current Administrative Rules
The Department of Public Safety rules are located by subchapters in Title 14B of the North Carolina Administrative Code.
Periodic Review of Existing Administrative Rules
- N.C. Gen. Stat. §150B-21.3A, adopted in 2013, requires state agencies to review existing rules every 10 years. DPS rules will be reviewed on a schedule established by the North Carolina Rules Review Commission. As DPS rules are reviewed and become available for public comment, they will be made available on the DPS website.
- Public Comment: If you would like to receive notices regarding rules undergoing rules review that are open for public comment under N.C. Gen. Stat. §150B-21.3A; or leave public comment about these rules, please subscribe to our mailing list by completing this online form, and selecting "Rules" from the dropdown menu under "Select a Recipient."
“Public comment” is defined by G.S. 150B-21.3A(a)(5) as a written objection to all or part of a rule. Additionally, pursuant to G.S. 150B-21.3A(c)(2), in order for the Rules Review Commission to determine whether the public comment has merit, the public comment must address the specific substance of the rule and address any of the standards of Commission review, as set forth in G.S. 150B-21.9(a).
- G.S. 150B-21.3A Report for 12 NCAC 03, NC STATE BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
- G.S. 150B-21.3A Report for 14B NCAC 06, ALCOHOL LAW ENFORCEMENT
- G.S. 150B-21.3A Report for 14B NCAC 18, DIVISION OF CRIMINAL INFORMATION
- G.S. 150B-21.3A Report for 14B NCAC 05, Governor’s Crime Commission
- G.S. 150B-21.3A Report for 14B NCAC 01, DEPARTMENTAL RULES
- G.S. 150B-21.3A Report for 14B NCAC 02, THE NATIONAL GUARD
- G.S. 150B-21.3A Report for 14B NCAC 03, EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT
- G.S. 150B-21.3A Report for 14B NCAC 04, CIVIL AIR PATROL
- G.S. 150B-21.3A Report for 14B NCAC 07, STATE HIGHWAY PATROL
Rules Pending Review