Grants Management specialists serve as liaisons between subrecipients who receive federal funds and the Governor's Crime Commission. The specialists oversee the operation of all awarded grants assigned to them and provide technical assistance to subrecipients.
Specialists monitor projects through regular communication and on-site visits to ensure compliance and to assess progress toward stated goals and objectives. Specialists are also responsible for:
- processing reimbursement requests
- making adjustments to budgets and other required reports
- monitoring grant cash flow as reimbursement requests are submitted
- assisting subrecipients to ensure projects are on schedule financially and programmatically
- making recommendations to the GCC assistant director regarding possible additions to and reversions of money from grant projects.
- hosts program development training workshops annually
Grants Management specialists are available during the annual Grant Writing workshops to provide technical assistance to prospective grantees. The workshops include training on the Grants Enterprise Management System (GEMS) as well as providing answers to questions on general grant administration such as how to adjust budgets.