Definition of a Victim
A victim is a person who suffers personal injury or death caused by criminally injurious conduct. Criminally injurious conduct means conduct which by its nature:
- poses a substantial threat of personal injury or death
- is punishable by a fine or imprisonment or death, and
- does not result from a violation of the motor vehicle laws except:
- in conduct related to DWI offenses
- pedestrians who are victims of hit and run (wheelchairs and bicycles are allowed in definition for pedestrians).