Who is eligible?
- The victim.
- A dependent of a deceased victim
- A person who is authorized to act on behalf of a victim or dependent.
- A third person who provided benefits to the victim or his/her family other than in the course or scope of his employment, business or profession.
Who is not eligible?
- The offender.
- A victim who is participating in criminal activity or contributory misconduct.
- A victim who is a prisoner in any state, county or city prison, correctional, youth services or juvenile facility, or local confinement facility, or halfway house, group home or similar facility.