DART Center is a 300-bed residential treatment facility responsible for the delivery of chemical dependency treatment services to probationers sent by the courts and parolees released from the State Prison System and transitioning back into the community.
The program offers a modified therapeutic community (TC) program based on the New York Department of Correction "Stay N Out" TC model; a social skills, structured community hierarchy. Programming embraces a cognitive-behavior approach using evidence-based practices and is dedicated to a holistic approach addressing individual needs in six major life areas:
- Psychological/Mental Health
- Medical/Physical Health
- Legal Status
Facility counselors are trained in the delivery of Hazelden's "A New Direction" curriculum and the 12 core functions of substance abuse counseling: screening, intake, orientation, assessment, treatment planning, counseling, case management, crisis intervention, client education, referral, report and record keeping, and consultations with other professionals.
The facility provides primary medical services at a minimum of 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. The medical director or the physician's assistant is on call around the clock for medical emergencies and other non-routine issues. Of primary concern is the referral's ability to participate at a satisfactory level both mentally and physically with all treatment requirements. The facility is equipped to:
- Screen each referral at program intake for appropriateness for participation in the DART program.
- Provide ongoing assessment of residents who are identified as having special medical and/or mental health problems.
- Treat residents with minor medical problems such as colds, skin rashes, fungal infections etc.
- Provide medical services for minor injuries and illnesses which may occur during a resident's stay.
- Medically manage more serious conditions as long as the resident is on a stabilizing medical regimen upon arrival. All such referrals must bring a full supply of medications to last for the period of time they are expected to be in treatment.
On Oct. 4, 2021, the name of the facility was changed from DART Cherry to DART Center.
- Eligibility Criteria
- Program Scheduling and Transport
- Authorized Personal Property
- Unauthorized Personal Property
- Program Rules and Regulations
- Program Medical Services (Limitations, Stabilization, Costs, Unacceptable Medications)
- Visitation Information
- GTL PrePay (Telephone Accounts
DART Center Program
1302 West Ash Street
Goldsboro, N.C. 27533-0247