- About Us
- ABC Commission
- Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice
- Alarm Systems Licensing Board
- Alcohol Law Enforcement
- Alcoholism and Chemical Dependency Programs
- Communications Office
- Community Corrections
- Correction Enterprises
- Emergency Management
- Governor's Clemency Office
- Governor's Crime Commission
- Juvenile Justice
- Law Enforcement
- Law Enforcement Services Section
- N.C. National Guard
- Offender Accountability Program
- Offender Search
- Parole Commission
- Private Protective Services Board
- State Bureau of Investigation
- State Capitol Police
- State Highway Patrol
- Victim Services
Department of Public Safety
The overall mission of the Department of Public Safety is to improve the quality of life for North Carolinians by reducing crime and enhancing public safety.
The secretary serves as the sole representative on the Governor's Cabinet for the state's law enforcement, correction and emergency response community.
DPS employees supervise offenders in prison, in juvenile detention centers and in community supervision. State troopers enforce North Carolina highway laws, and Emergency Management personnel help plan for and recover from man-made or natural disasters.
This agency serves as the coordinating agency for North Carolina's homeland security preparedness.
« this page last modified 11/05/15 »