Sep 15, 2018
RALEIGH - The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner has confirmed additional deaths related to Hurricane Florence. The seven storm-related deaths confirmed to date include:
- A 41-year-old female and her seven-month-old son who died in Wilmington on Sept. 14 when a tree fell on their home
- A 68-year-old male in Lenoir County who died when he was electrocuted while plugging in a generator on Sept. 14
- A 77-year-old male in Lenoir County who fell and died due to a cardiac event while outside checking on dogs during the storm on the night of Sept. 13/14.
- An 81-year-old man in Wayne County who fell and struck his head while packing to evacuate on Sept. 14
- A husband and wife died in a house fire in Cumberland County on Sept. 14.
Two deaths in Carteret County that were previously determined to be storm related are now under further review by the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner.
Additional deaths that have occurred are in the process of being investigated and reported.
# # #