The Department of Public Safety’s Fraud Hotline, managed by DPS Internal Audit, is designed as a way for department employees to report suspected fraud, waste or misuse of departmental assets. Concerns may be reported anonymously, or individuals may choose to include their contact information.
Investigations are generally conducted confidentially to protect the integrity of the investigative process and to preserve the privacy of the persons and entities involved. Status reports are not provided for any investigations.
Please remember to provide as much detail as possible pertaining to the alleged incident(s). Specific information such as names, positions, location of incident, dates, time(s), length of time that the problem has been occurring, and any documentation or evidence should be provided to aid staff in conducting a thorough investigation..
Examples of matters that should be reported on this Hotline:
- Suspected theft or misuse of DPS property
- Falsification of official documents (timesheets, inventory, etc.)
- Misuse of funds or Procurement Cards
- Improper billing or overcharging for goods or services
- Financial Conflicts of Interest
Examples of matters that should NOT be reported on this Hotline:
- Human Resources or Personnel Issues
- EEO complaints (i.e. discrimination, harassment, retaliation)
- Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention Staff Conduct
- Law Enforcement Officer Conduct
- Juvenile Grievance or Inquiry
- Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA) complaints
The following is a list of contact information to assist employees and citizens with questions and proper filing of complaints outside the scope and intent of this Hotline.
- Equal Employment Opportunity: EEO Complaint Form
- Juvenile Justice & Delinquency Prevention (JJDP): 919-733-3388
- State Highway Patrol Trooper Comment/Complaint Form
- PREA Administration office: 984-303-0907 or JJDP_PREA@ncdps.gov
Fraud, waste, abuse or misconduct hotline - 1(844) 208-4018