Prevent terrorism by reporting to local law enforcement when you see suspicious persons, objects and behaviors.
When to Report
Call the local police or SBI (1-888-624-7222) if you see suspicious activities such as:
- Suspicious packages. If you do not recognize the return address or have other questions, call the police.
- People who don't seem to belong in the workplace, neighborhood or in a particular building/area.
- Monitoring activites using cameras, recording, note-taking, maps or diagrams.
- People testing security by watching reaction times/procedures that assess security
- Acquiring supplies by either purchasing or stealing explosives, weapons, ammo, etc.
- People purchasing or stealing uniforms, decals, documents, passes or badges.
- Impersonation of authorized personnel (e.g. police, security, janitor).
- Attempts to gain information about operations, infrastructure, or people by mail, email, phone or in person.
- People taking photos/videos of potential targets (landmarks, public buildings, power plants, etc.) from inside a vehicle
- People taking detailed notes/video outside a potential target facility.
- Suspicious transactions involving large cash payments, deposits or withdrawals (possible signs of terrorist funding).
- Unauthorized person(s) trying to enter a restricted area or protected site.
- Presenting false documents or misusing insignia to cover possible illicit activity.
- Attempts to disrupt an organization's information technology infrastructure.
- Communicating a spoken or written threat of damage to a facility or infrastructure.
- Operating an aircraft that would be interpreted as suspicious or posing a threat to people or property.
What to Report
- Hair color and length
- Facial hair type and color (if present)
- Eye color
- Approximate age
- Approximate height and weight
- Unique characteristics: scars, tattoos, piercings, deformities, etc.
- Clothing type and color (shorts/pants/dress, coat, hat, etc.)
- License plate number and state
- Vehicle make/model
- Approximate year of vehicle
- Vehicle color
- Number of doors on vehicle
- Description of bumper/window stickers (size, color, placement, content, etc.)
- Description of vehicle damage (paint, dents, broken/missing glass, broken head or tail lights)