Embracing evidence-based practice design, the clinical team provides a multi-disciplinary approach, focusing on group and individual therapy, in addition to substance abuse education. The Center offers a 90-day program that:
- Encourages healthy social living skills;
- Integrates cognitive-behavior interventions as a core curriculum;
- Provides motivational enhancement therapy;
- Uses selected material from Stephanie Covington's work addressing women's recovery/trauma; and
- Introduces the program participant to a variety of self-help recovery groups.
- Dedicated to a holistic treatment approach, the program addresses individual needs in six major life areas: (a) alcohol and drug use, (b) medical/physical health, (c) education and vocational, (d) family/social, (e) legal status and (f) psychological and mental health diagnosis. Facility counselors are trained in substance abuse recovery principles and are licensed, certified or registered with appropriate state counseling practice boards.
The Black Mountain program embraces the concept that alcohol dependence and drug dependence are:
- Primary diseases that become progressively worse over time;
- Incurable; and
- Ultimately fatal when left untreated.
It is the program's core belief that through consistent clinical intervention and a personal commitment to abstinence, recovering individuals may live a normal, functional and happy life.
The Center staff are skilled at creating a supportive atmosphere for the women to begin facing the challenges of recovery. With a caring staff and a program designed to promote change the road to recovery begins at Black Mountain.
"I'm doing GREAT! I've been clean seven months today. I owe such a big 'thank you' to all you guys!"
"Thank you all for getting me a little closer to bettering my life. I had a wonderful experience there. I really appreciate the staff. You all are great."
"Y'all have made a big difference in who I am today, and were a big part in saving my life, and for that I am forever grateful."
"This program has given a gift that no amount of money could ever cover. My experience here has changed my life. It's given me hope, faith and a power to be the person I'm now aware that I can be."
- Eligibility Criteria
- Referral Guidelines
- Program Scheduling and Transport
- Authorized Personal Property
- Unauthorized Personal Property
- Program Rules and Regulations
- Program Medical Services (Limitations, Stabilization, Costs, Unacceptable Medications)
- Visitation Information
- GTL PrePay (Telephone Accounts)
Black Mountain Substance Abuse Treatment Center for Women
741 Old U.S. Highway 70
Swannanoa, N.C. 28778
Phone: (828) 581-4231
Fax: (828) 664-2007
Courier # 12-84-10