Crash Reports

Crash reports investigated by all of North Carolina's law enforcement agencies are forwarded to the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles.

You may obtain copies of crash reports from the Division of Motor Vehicles one of three ways:

  • By calling (919) 861-3098
  • By visiting in person the DMV Headquarters at 1100 New Bern Ave. 
  • By mailing your request TR-67A form to:  
  • NCDOT-DMV Traffic Records Section
    3106 Mail Service Center
    Raleigh, NC 27697-3106

The Division of Motor Vehicles will provide certified copies at a cost of $5.50 and citizens must fill out a TR-67A form.

This is the DMV website: